Internal, Interpersonal and Group Dynamics In Collaboration
Discover the multiple dynamics in play when we work in collaboration with others.
Learn about the predictable patterns that describe our own emotional reactions, and the dynamics of group behavior.
Understand how we can tackle difficult situations by starting with ourselves.
1. How do internal, interpersonal and group dynamics explain the "messiness" of collaboration?
2. Why is it hard for us to respond mindfully when our emotions are triggered? What can we do about that?
3. Reflect on the 5 stages of group dynamics. Think of a group or collaborative you are working with. What stage are you at? How could understanding that this is a natural progression help you?
Former Community Planner
Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program, NPS
Watch Joy's other videos on collaboration:
- Collaboration Toolbox: Decision Space, 4 mins and Stakeholder Analysis, 5 mins
- Collaboration: Deconstructing "Other" Recreating "We", 10 mins