Our services include meeting facilitation, training and curriculum development for in-person meetings, workshops, conferences, webinars, and self-paced online training.
Leveraging Academy Expertise and Instructional Resources
Each year, Academy alumni and Federal Training and Partnership Coordinators invite Academy staff to support their training and facilitation needs.
The most frequently asked questions are listed here.
Need additional support? Contact us.
FAQ: Training and Facilitation Services
Can a member of the Academy staff join us as a session instructor for classroom, webinar or conference training?
Yes. Academy instructors have presented partnership and community collaboration training for courses offered at the:
- USFWS, National Conservation Training Center
- NPS, Mather Training Center
- BLM National Training Center
- USFS and NPS Regional Training Workshops and
- National and Regional Conferences and Workshops.
- Human Dimensions Foundations of Natural Resource Conservation hosted by USFWS, NCTC, Colorado State University Department of Human Dimensions, and the National Wildlife Refuge System Human Dimensions Branch
- National Wildlife Refuge Friends Academy hosted by USFWS NCTC
- Advanced Refuge Management Academy hosted by USFWS NCTC
- Recruit, Retain, Reactivate (R3) Training hosted by USFWS NCTC
- National Heritage Areas Forums: Northeast Region hosted by the NPS, National Heritage Area Program and the Alliance of National Heritage Areas
- Managing Curriculum-based Education Programs and Services hosted by NPS, Mather Training Center
- Conservation Connect–Corporate Culture Insight hosted by the USFS NPO the National Forest Foundation
- Public Lands Alliance National Confernce
- Partnership for the National Trails System Confernce
Can the Academy host a webinar mini-series based on Managing by Network?
Yes. Managing by Network materials can be adapted into a short course series based on your needs.
At the request of the USFWS, the Academy developed and presented Landscape Conservation Cooperatives Advanced Communication Training, a 6-part webinar mini-series based on elements of the Managing by Network curriculum, to strengthen the collaborative communication skills of LCC committee members.
At the request of the NPS, the Academy developed and presented the Pillars of Sustainability Training, a 3-part webinar mini-series based on strategic thinking, planning and evaluation, and partner cultural awareness, to strengthen the skills of NPS National Heritage Area Program coordinating entities.
For a webinar mini-series, the Academy can support outreach, communications, registration, and evaluation, if desired.
Course participants: representatives of federal agencies, nonprofits and tribes.
Requested by: Academy alumni with LLC leadership responsibilities, USFWS NCTC training coordinator, USFWS Landscape Conservation Cooperatives program leads, BLM NTC training coordinator, NPS alumni.
Can the Academy facilitate an interagency meeting and/or present training related to the Managing by Network course?
Yes. The Academy’s lead instructors have facilitated strategic planning meetings for the U.S. Forest Service National Partnership Office and Regional Partnership Offices in Washington, D.C., Portland, OR and Atlanta, GA and presented workshop training on Corporate Culture Insights.
Workshop participants: USFS Partnership Coordinators and NPO Leads
Requested by: USFS NPO and USFS Regional Partnership Coordinators
Academy staff serve as guest instructors and subject matter experts (SME) for formal training programs.
- Active Listening
- The Art of Open-Ended Questions
- Building a Politically Savvy Network
- Collaborative Leadership
- Community Collaboration
- Conflict Management
- Decision-Making Space
- Entrepreneurship and Risk Assessment
- Leveraging Partnerships
- Principled Negotiation
- Managing Partnerships
- Managing a Mix of Federal and Non-Federal Funds
- Nonprofit Fundraising Perspectives
- Partner Cultural Awareness
- Partnership Assessment
- Partnership Management
- Seven Faces of Partnership and Philanthropy
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Virtual Facilitation and Collaboration
- Working with Foundations
- Working with Corporations