What can we do for you?
Need some training on the run?
You asked for podcasts of our instructional videos, and with the help of our partners, we have delivered. You can see our full list of podcasts, browse our instructional videos to find the topic that you need, or subscribe to Managing by Network in iTunes. Special thanks to the BLM National Training Center and the USFWS National Conservation Training Center for supporting the development of these educational resources.
How do you facilitate problem solving?
The Chesapeake Bay Watershed is the nation’s largest estuary. More than half of this urban region is forested, and most of those lands are in private or state ownership. Learn how the Forest Service plays a role facilitating a 30-year long partnership effort to restore clean water and recover habitat. Julie Mawhorter, Natural Resource Planner for the USDA Forest Service shares lessons learned in her case study, Chesapeake Watershed Forestry Program.
Members of our Community of Practice
Nancy Zaptocki is the Managing by Network Federal Coordinator for the USFWS. In her position as Course Leader at the National Training Conservation Center, she lends her expertise to our classroom practices and helps the Academy. Nancy has over 20 years of experience working with conservation education, natural resources conservation, watershed planning and partnerships.
We support a partnership training network.
Learn more about the competencies featured in Managing by Network
Managing by Network is cohosted by:
- Partnership and Community Collaboration Academy
- BLM National Training Center and Division of Education, Interpretation and Partnerships
- USFS National Partnership Office
- USFWS National Conservation Training Center
- DOI Office of Collaborative Action and Dispute Resolution
The Academy's Spotlight Series webinars features federal programs and initiatives that highlight innovative ideas and partnerships.
Recommended Training from Our Partners
- Meeting Facilitation Techniques Training, February 22, 8:30am-12:30pm, Washington, DC
- Strategies for Dealing with Opposition and Outrage in Public Participation, March 26-27, Salt Lake City, UT
Managing by Network podcasts now available in iTunes!