- Making Meetings Work with Liz Madison, 11 mins video/podcast
- A Facilitator’s Best Practices with Anne Desmarais, 18 mins
- Partnership Network Life-Cycle with Liz Madison, 8 mins
- Internal, Interpersonal and Group Dynamics with Joy Lujan, 7 mins
- U KY Community Toolbox website, esp. Chapter 16 Group Facilitation
- Co-Create: Collaborative Facilitation Guide (PDF)
Facilitation Competency Self-Assessment
- COMPLETE one of two facilitation core competency self-assessments: The IAF competencies (DOC) (PDF) are more focused on concrete meeting and group management practices, while the National College framework (DOC) (PDF) focuses on facilitator behaviors that demonstrate social-emotional intelligence.
- SHARE your takeaways on the Study Hall page.
Facilitation Tool Box
- REVIEW the Facilitation Tool Box (PDF)
- EXERCISE: Select one of these tools to use at an upcoming meeting. Consider:
- Do you need to coordinate use of this tool with the group or the meeting coordinator in advance?
- Do you need support materials to use this tool?
- What objectives(s) for the group will this tool support?
- How might using this tool change the attitudes and behaviors of meeting participants?
- APPLY: Test this facilitation tool at the meeting and then reflect on what went well (WWW) and what would you do differently (WWYDD).
- Liz Madison
- Anne Desmarais