- Making Meetings Work (video/podcast), 11 mins with Liz Madison
- Partnership Network Life Cycle (vide/podcast), 8 mins with Liz Madison
- A Facilitator's Best Practices (video, podcast), 18 mins with Anne Desmarais
- Internal, Interpersonal and Group Dynamics (video, podcast), 7 mins with Joy Lujan
- Facilitation Checklists (PDF)
- The Community Toolbox: Group Facilitation and Problem Solving (website)
- NPS RTCA Community Toolboxes - see yellow Facilitation tools (website/PDF)
- Liberating Structures (website)
1. COMPLETE one of two facilitation core competency self-assessments:
- The IAF competencies (DOC) (PDF) are more focused on concrete meeting and group management practices, while the National College framework (DOC) (PDF) focuses on facilitator behaviors that demonstrate social-emotional intelligence.
2. SHARE your takeaways in the Homework Feedback form at the Study Hall Page.
Facilitation Tool Box (PDF)
1. Select one of these tools to use at an upcoming meeting. Consider:
- Do you need to coordinate use of this tool with the group or the meeting coordinator in advance?
- Do you need support materials to use this tool?
- What objectives(s) for the group will this tool support?
- How might using this tool change the attitudes and behaviors of meeting participants?
2. APPLY: Test this facilitation tool at the meeting and then reflect on what went well (WWW) and what would you do differently (WWYDD).
3. SHARE your takeaways in the Homework Feedback form at the Study Hall Page.
- Anne Desmarais
- Liz Madison