Presentations and Resources
- Think Like a Social Scientist.pdf
- Urban Myths and the Paperwork Reduction Act, Blog and FAQ
- PRA overview_2019.pdf
- Succession Planning for Partnerships, Blog
- Succession Planning_overview_2019.pdf
Optional Homework: Human Dimensions
- EXPLORE: resources, broadcast, tools, methods, blogs at https://my.usgs.gov/hd/team/usfws using the HD Scavenger Hunt.
- FEED YOUR MIND: This exercise goes well with a brown bag lunch or afternoon snack.
- SHARE: one link to useful information with a colleague or course participant.
Optional Homework: Succession Planning
- READ Succession Planning for Partnerships blog post.
- DOWNLOAD 30-60-90-Day Plan Worksheet (DOCX) or (PDF).
- EXERCISE: Using the Worksheet, fill out the information for 3-5 partners who, based on your job, you think a new supervisor or line officer would need to know about. Then, choose 1-2 of those partners for whom a more detailed briefing package would be needed and briefly describe why the additional detail would be important and some of the material you think would be needed.
- SHARE your takeaways from the assignment using the Homework Feedback form.
- HD Branch FY17 Annual Report.pdf
- America's Wildlife Values research study
- Nature of Americans research study
- Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 with Wolf Cota videos/podcasts (Part 1, 10 mins, Part 2, 7 mins)
- Peter Williams, PhD
- Anne Desmarais
- Natalie Sexton, Chief, Human Dimensions Branch, USFWS
- Wolf Cota, Former National Information Collections Officer (ICO), Office of Regulatory and Management Services, video instructor