- PRA overview_2018.pdf
- Urban Myths and the Paperwork Reduction Act and FAQ
- Think Like a Social Scientist.pdf (with notes)
- Collaborative Leadership Strategies 2018.pdf
- Deeper Dive: Tools of Engagement Toolkit (PDF) and The Conservation Social Sciences: What? How? and Why? (PDF)
- Three Elements of Collaborative Leadership with Liz Madison, 4 mins, podcast available
- Deeper Dive: Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, a 3 part video series with Wolf Cota, USFS, 37 mins, podcast available
- Deeper Dive: Foundations for Strong Collaboration, Cate Bradley, PhD, 17 mins. podcast available
Optional Homework: Paperwork Reduction Act
READ Urban Myths and the Paperwork Reduction Act blog post.
- the Information Collection Office/Officer (ICO) for your agency or organization or, if there isn’t one, for your primary partner agency;
- 1-2 social scientist(s) or Human Dimension subject matter expert(s) that you can go to for ideas about working with the public in a way that is consistent with the PRA.
DOWNLOAD The Academy’s PRA FAQ.
SHARE your PRA ICO website and 1-2 takeaways about the PRA on the Homework Feedback form.
Optional Homework: Collaborative Leadership
- READ: Blog post - My Partner Said What?! Part 1 and Part 2
- DOWNLOAD: Options exercise (DOC) (PDF)
- APPLY: Think about a partnership where one or more of your partners might be stuck in some bad habits and likely to say something at your expense or that could cause problems for the project. Answer the questions provided in the options exercise.
Optionial Homework: Human Dimensions
- EXPLORE: resources, broadcast, tools, methods, blogs at https://my.usgs.gov/hd/team/usfws using the HD Scavenger Hunt.
- SHARE: one link to useful information with a colleague or course participant.
- Natalie Sexton, Chief, Human Dimensions Branch, USFWS
- Wolf Cota, Former National Information Collections Officer (ICO), Office of Regulatory and Management Services, USFS (video instructor)
- Cate Bradley, PhD, Former Landscape Architect, Collaboration Clinics and Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program, NPS (video instructor)
- Liz Madison, Director
- Anne Desmarais, Assistant Director, Peer Learning Coordinator
- Peter Williams, PhD, Associate Director