Managing by Network
2018 Course Notebook
Congratulations to the class of 2018!
You can access all the course materials, including instructor presentations, links to videos, and additional resources on this page. These materials will be available until June of 2019.
Optional Homework assignments from the 2018 Study Hall page have been added into each session's archive. Download all the assignments here.
Can't find something? Contact us!
Course Notebook Materials listed with this arrow icon are recommended for self-study when you miss a webinar.
MBN 2018 Course Notebook
Presentations: Assess Your Partner Cultural Awareness 2018.pdf Active Listening.pdf Partnership Assessment.pdf Video Assignment: Partner Cultural Awareness (CC) with Liz Madison, 9 mins; podcast available Assessment tools: Collaboration Factors Inventory, Wilder...
Presentations: Succession Planning fo r Partnerships Succession Planning_overview_2018.pdf 30-60-90 day plan word doc 30-60-90 day plan pdf Forest Service Handover Memo.pdf The Edwards Aquifer Recovery Implementation Program: A...
Presentations Community Collaboration Toolbox (PDF) Managing Public Lands for Impact and Sustainability, Executive Summary Video Assignments: Measuring the Health of Mt. Tam, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, 5 mins Stakeholder Analysis video with Joy Lujan, 5...
Presentations: P rincipled Negotiation Discussion.pdf Persuasion Insights 2018.pdf Video Assignments: The Story of the Orange with Denis Desmarais, 2...
Presentations: Facilitation in Action FACA Principles and Advice Video Assignments Making Meetings Work with Liz Madison, 11 mins; podcast available A Facilitator's Best Practices with Anne Desmarais, 18 mins; podcast available Deeper Dive: Federal...
MBN Course Objectives
Applying knowledge and skills learned in this course, participants will be able to:
- create or strengthen an internal and external network of individuals and organizations to advance the mission of the agency;
- build trust with external partners using collaborative leadership, partnership leverage, and partner cultural awareness;
- sustain partnership accountability using external awareness and communication skills including collaboration, conflict management, facilitation, persuasion, and negotiation;
- develop, monitor, and evaluate formal partnership agreements and projects that rely on a mix of federal and nonfederal funding, and
- recognize the intent of agency policies and practices related to partner fundraising and donation activities.