Managing by Network
2018 Course Notebook
Congratulations to the class of 2018!
You can access all the course materials, including instructor presentations, links to videos, and additional resources on this page. These materials will be available until June of 2019.
Optional Homework assignments from the 2018 Study Hall page have been added into each session's archive. Download all the assignments here.
Can't find something? Contact us!
Course Notebook Materials listed with this arrow icon are recommended for self-study when you miss a webinar.
MBN 2018 Course Notebook
Presentations: Entrepreneurship and Risk Assessment Discussion.pdf Video Assignments: Entrepreneurship and Partnerships with Liz Madison, 18 mins; podcast available Optional Homework: DOWNLOAD: Risk Assessment Template (DOC) (PDF). APPLY: For one of your...
Presentations: Seven Faces of Philanthropy and Partnerships.pdf Working with Foundations: Notes from Class Discussion (PDF) Our Mister Stack.pdf Video Assignments: Seven Faces of Philanthropy and Partnerships (CC) with Liz Madison, 16 mins Philanthropic...
Peer to Peer Presentations For Self-Study, please review the case study of your choice. ALPHA: Todd Jones-Farrand, USFWS, LCC Science Coordinator, MO. "The Rise and Fall of a Landscape Conservation Cooperative: Lesson for Large-Scale Collaborative Efforts" BETA: Kevin Wright, Marin...
MBN Course Objectives
Applying knowledge and skills learned in this course, participants will be able to:
- create or strengthen an internal and external network of individuals and organizations to advance the mission of the agency;
- build trust with external partners using collaborative leadership, partnership leverage, and partner cultural awareness;
- sustain partnership accountability using external awareness and communication skills including collaboration, conflict management, facilitation, persuasion, and negotiation;
- develop, monitor, and evaluate formal partnership agreements and projects that rely on a mix of federal and nonfederal funding, and
- recognize the intent of agency policies and practices related to partner fundraising and donation activities.