Managing by Network
Study Hall 2020
Study Hall work is optional and designed to help apply the materials learned in class.
- Study Hall 1: week of Feb 17
- Study Hall 2: week of Mar 23
- Study Hall 3: week of Apr 27
- Study Hall 4: June 6-20, following the last session
Study Hall options:
1. Attend office hours: network with classmates and explore topics of interest to you. Study Hall 1 will have special office hours; other Study Hall office hours are 2-3pm ET on the Thursday of that week. RSVP and more information below.
2. Complete self study: catch up on missed sessions, or delve deeper on instructional material. Use the Self-Study form below to let us know what you've completed.
3. Explore homework: using self-assessments and workbook exercises, apply what you have learned.
4. Apply what you learned on the job. Study hall work is optional.
Special Office Hours in 2020
During Study Hall 1, we will host a special series of agency-specific webinars where MbN participants can get to know each other, and dialogue with agency coordinators. Note that all times are listed in Eastern Time Zone.
Weds Feb 19:
- USDA FS: 11am-12pm ET (“Alpha”)
- NOAA, state, county and nonprofit participants: 12:30-1:30pm ET (“Chi”)
- USFWS: 2-3pm ET (“Beta”)
Thurs Feb 20:
- BLM: 11am-12pm ET (“Gamma”)
- NPS: 2-3pm ET (“Delta”)
Fri Feb 21
- USACE: 1-2pm ET (“Epsilon”)
Session 14: Surf the Human Dimensions web site
Session 15: Managing Agreements Best Practices
- DOWNLOAD: Managing Agreements Best Practices (DOC) (PDF)
- APPLY: Complete the Gap Assessment to identify your current and new practices.
- SHARE: Discuss these best practices with a G&A specialist and ask him/her to share with you two tips that will keep you in the know regarding current G&A practices and processes.
Session 16: 21 Partnership Success Factors Gap Assessment
- READ 21 Partnership Success Factors Brian ONeill.pdf – Review the 21 Success Factors.
- EXERCISE 21 Partnership Success Factors_Gap Assessment Exercise – Download and complete the 3 worksheets.
- DOWNLOAD 21 Partnership Success Factors Brian ONeill.pdf – Download for your reference library.
- SHARE your takeaways from the assignment in the Homework Feedback form.
Session 16: Corporate Partnerships: Who’s in your neighborhood?
- Download the worksheet (DOC, PDF)
- CONSIDER: two corporations who might have an interest in your work.
- EXPLORE: their website to find: (a) Mission statement; (b) Corporate Social Responsibility report; (c) Potential giving program(s); (d) Key contact (s)
- REFLECT: what might be some common language or interests that would help you start a dialogue?
- SHARE your key takeaways in the Homework Feedback Form.