MBN 2019 Course Notebook
The Course Notebook is designed to provide support as you apply knowledge and skills gained in class.
Session 17: Commencement - June 26 and 27
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT and 2:00 – 4:00 PM EDT
The classroom will be open 20 minutes before the start of class. Managing by Network will begin promptly at the top of the hour.
Complete the Course Evaluation survey by July 15
- Commencement Speakers: Case Study Presentations
- ALPHA: Katy Kuhnel, BLM, Outdoor Recreation Planner, Challis Field Office, Idaho State BLM, ID. "Making Community Connections: Using the RTCA program to develop strong partnerships through trail planning in rural Idaho" (PDF)
- BETA: Rebecca Carr Wong, BLM, Monument Manager, Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument, CA. "Baryessa Snow Mountain National Monument" (PDF)
- GAMMA: "What's Your Partnership Story" - class dialogue
- DELTA: Karl Honkonen, USFS, Watershed Forester, Northeast Area/State & Private Forestry, NH. "Saco Watershed Collaborative" (PDF)
- The Road Behind, The Path Ahead
- Gathering In
Optional Resources to Explore:
On the Horizon:
Study Hall 3 - now through July 15
USDA Technical difficulties? (updated 6/5/2019)
Several Forest Service participants let us know they still did not receive the Managing by Network email this week. We are sending out class notifications on our regular schedule - Friday with a reminder this Tuesday.
We suspect this may be related to the change in email from @fs.fed.us to @USDA.gov. Please be sure you have subscribed t o Mail Chimp with your @usda.gov email address.
Here's an update from Joe Smith, our federal coordinator, about reporting email issues related to Managing by Network:
Anyone who is not getting e-mails from the Academy should submit the following information to the Spam Abuse team (Spam.Abuse@usda.gov).
- Sender address: email@example.com
- Recipient address: [your email address]
- Common text strings from Subject Line: "Managing by Network Session..." or "*REMINDER* Managing by Network Session..."
- Date and time expected: Fridays at 11AM EDT, Tuesdays at 11AM EDT
- A previous copy of the message: Forward any of the announcements you have previously received.
Course Notebook Materials listed with this arrow icon are recommended for self-study when you miss a webinar.
MBN 2019 Course Notebook
Presentations: Principled Negotiation Discussion.pdf Persuasion Insights.pdf Video Presentations Principled Negotiation with Denis Desmarais, 22 mins video/podcast Persuasion with Liz Madison, 22 mins video/podcast Optional Homework Principled Negotiation...
Presentations Community Collaboration Toolbox: Stakeholder Analysis and Spectrum of Community Engagement (PDF) One Tam: Community Collaboration Practices (PDF) Video Presentations Measuring the Health of Mount Tam, 4 mins One Mountain: Promise of Partnerships, 7...
Presentations: Launching the 2019 Case Study Program Case Study Checklist Partnership Check-Up: Assessing Partnership Health and Effectiveness Video Presentations: America's Great Outdoors Initiative with Jeremiah Martinez video/podcast Part 1, 17 mins,...
Presentations and Resources: Edwards Aquifer Recovery Implementation Program_Kevin Connally.pdf Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan, 14 mins As you watch, consider these questions: 1. What strikes you as you listen to the stakeholders describe the Edwards Aquifer Recovery...
Presentations and Resources Think Like a Social Scientist.pdf Urban Myths and the Paperwork Reduction Act, Blog and FAQ PRA overview_2019.pdf Succession Planning for Partnerships, Blog Succession Planning_overview_2019.pdf Optional Homework: Human Dimensions EXPLORE:...
Presentations: Partnership Leverage Scenarios.pdf Leveraging Partnerships Discussion MBN.pdf Assess Your Partner Cultural Awareness.pdf Active Listening Practices.pdf Video Presentations: Partner Cultural Awareness with Liz Madison, 9 mins...
Presentations: 21 Partnership Success Factors Brian ONeill.pdf Take a Hike: Reflections on the 21 Partnership Success Factors.pdf Building Savvy and Resilience in your Partnership Network_MbN2019.pdf Video Assignments: Political Savvy with Liz Madison, 9...
Presentations: Rules of Engagement.pdf Virtual Campus Tour.pdf Managing by Network Course Overview.pdf Principles and Practices of Collaborative Leadership.pdf Video Assignments: Three Elements of Collaborative Leadership with, Liz Madison, 4 mins (podcast...
Alpha/Wednesday and Gamma/Thursday meet at the following times:
Beta/Wednesday and Delta/Thursday meet at the following times:
While participants are assigned to a group day and time for class size and planning purposes, we expect schedule conflicts.
Participants may attend any one of the four webinars in any given week, as best suits their schedule.