MBN 2019 Course Notebook
The Course Notebook is designed to provide support as you apply knowledge and skills gained in class.
Session 13: Adapting to Change - May 22 & 23
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT and 2:00 - 4:00 PM EDT
The classroom will be open 20 minutes before the start of class. Managing by Network will begin promptly at the top of the hour.
- No pre-webinar assignment this week!
Instructors: Liz Madison and Anne Desmarais
- Peer to Peer Case Study Presentations
- ALPHA: Marcia Pradines, USFWS, Refuge Project Leader, Chesapeake Marshlands National Wildlife Refuge Complex, MD
- BETA: Nancy Kastning, BLM, AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer, Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument, NM
- GAMMA: Mary (MJ) Byrne, BLM, Special Assistant to State Director for RAC, Partnerships, Ed. & Interp., Youth, Volunteering, Idaho State Office, ID
- DELTA: Lucy Maldonado, USFS, Prince of Wales Island Planning Staff, Tongass National Forest, Thorne Bay and Craig Ranger District, AK
- Accountability Practices (PDF)
Optional Resources to Explore:
On the Horizon:
Study Hall 2: Week of May 27
Study Hall work is optional and designed to help apply the materials learned in class. During this week you may:
- Attend office hours: chat with an instructor and other classmates, 2-3 pm ET Thurs May 30 (with Anne Desmarais)
- Complete self-study: catch up or delve deeper on instructional material
- Network: reach out to a classmate or instructor by email, phone, Facebook or in person
- Explore homework: self-assessments and exercises to enrich your learning
- Apply what you learned on the job
Course Notebook Materials listed with this arrow icon are recommended for self-study when you miss a webinar.
MBN 2019 Course Notebook
Presentations Entrepreneurship and Risk Assessment (PDF) Project Management, Planning and Evaluation in Partnership (PDF) Video Presentations Entrepreneurship and Partnerships with Liz Madison, 18 mins video/podcast Building Action Agendas for...
Presentations Shining a Light on FOIA: Partnerships and Transparency by Peter Williams, PhD Partnerships and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) (PDF) Moving Back to the People: Asset Based Community Development (PDF) Video Presentations What is Appreciative...
Presentations Strengthen Your Conflict Managem ent Skills Video Presentations Ladder of Inference with Susan Goodwin, 4 mins video/podcast Strengthen Your Conflict Management Skills with Susan Goodwin, 25 mins CORE-PLUS: Building a Higher Performance Model...
Presentations Partnership Life Cycle Discussion.pdf Facilitation in Action.pdf Video Presentations: Making Meetings Work with Liz Madison, 11 mins video/podcast A Facilitator’s Best Practices with Anne Desmarais, 18 mins Partnership Network Life-Cycle with...
Presentations: Principled Negotiation Discussion.pdf Persuasion Insights.pdf Video Presentations Principled Negotiation with Denis Desmarais, 22 mins video/podcast Persuasion with Liz Madison, 22 mins video/podcast Optional Homework Principled Negotiation...
Presentations Community Collaboration Toolbox: Stakeholder Analysis and Spectrum of Community Engagement (PDF) One Tam: Community Collaboration Practices (PDF) Video Presentations Measuring the Health of Mount Tam, 4 mins One Mountain: Promise of Partnerships, 7...
Presentations: Launching the 2019 Case Study Program Case Study Checklist Partnership Check-Up: Assessing Partnership Health and Effectiveness Video Presentations: America's Great Outdoors Initiative with Jeremiah Martinez video/podcast Part 1, 17 mins,...
Presentations and Resources: Edwards Aquifer Recovery Implementation Program_Kevin Connally.pdf Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan, 14 mins As you watch, consider these questions: 1. What strikes you as you listen to the stakeholders describe the Edwards Aquifer Recovery...
Alpha/Wednesday and Gamma/Thursday meet at the following times:
Beta/Wednesday and Delta/Thursday meet at the following times:
While participants are assigned to a group day and time for class size and planning purposes, we expect schedule conflicts.
Participants may attend any one of the four webinars in any given week, as best suits their schedule.