Getting to the CORE of Conflict and Communications
GTC3 NPS Cohort 2
Live 3-Part Virtual Course
Tuesday – Thursday, July 28-30, 2020
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM MST (AZ)
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
This course is offered in partnership with the National Park Service.
- All course materials will be available 24 hours prior to Session 1.
- Webinars will held in Webex, using an external conference line.
- New to Webex? Download instructions for joining and/or using VOIP.
- Check your email for passwords and instructions for joining the webinars.
- Please log in 5-10 minutes early to troubleshoot any technical difficulties.
- Please contact us if you need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Session One: Recognize the Signs
July 28, 2020
Learn the 4 Rs of the conflict resolution process. Understand what makes communication challenging and recognize how our perceptions and assumptions can contribute to conflict.
Session Two: Respond With Confidence
July 29, 2020
Define the sources and types of conflict. Learn about the emotional brain and how to calm ourselves and others. Explore different strategies for handling conflict, and the resources of the DOI CADR Office.
Session Three: Resolve and Reflect
July 30, 2020
Learn how to prepare for challenging conversations and negotiations. Discover how to shift the dialogue from opposing positions to common interests. Develop strategies for making the conversation safe and responding with respect.
Assistant Director, Partnership and Community Collaboration Academy
Certified Organizational Ombuds Practitioner
DOI Office of Collaborative Action and Dispute Resolution