Getting to the CORE of Conflict and Communications
GTC3 NPS Cohort 2
Live 3-Part Virtual Course
Tuesday – Thursday, July 28-30, 2020
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM MST (AZ)
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM MDT
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
This course is offered in partnership with the National Park Service.
- All course materials will be available 24 hours prior to Session 1.
- Webinars will held using Webex, and an external conference line.
- New to Webex? Download instructions for joining.
- Check your email for passwords and instructions for joining the webinars.
- Please log in 5-10 minutes early to troubleshoot any technical difficulties.
- Please contact us if you need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Session One: Recognize the Signs
Learn the 4 Rs of the conflict resolution process. Understand what makes communication challenging and recognize how our perceptions and assumptions can contribute to conflict.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Conflict Resolution Process
- Perceptions and Assumptions
- Complete: Reflection Exercise: Your Challenging Conversation (Workbook p. 13)
- If you're new to WebEx, please review NPS GTC3 Virtual Course Instructions (PDF)
- Optional Review: GTC3 Participant Workbook pages 4-11 (PDF)
Session Two: Respond With Confidence
Define the sources and types of conflict. Learn about the emotional brain and how to calm ourselves and others, as well as giving and receiving feedback during a conflict. Explore different strategies for handling conflict.
- Distinguishing Conflict from Dispute
- Emotional Intelligence
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Conflict Handling Strategies
- Complete: Reflection Exercise: Triggers (Workbook p. 18-19)
- Review: Elements of an Effective Apology (PDF)
- Optional Review: GTC3 Participant Workbook pages 12-21
Session Three: Resolve and Reflect
Learn how to prepare for challenging conversations and negotiations. Discover how to shift the dialogue from opposing positions to common interests. Develop strategies for making the conversation safe and responding with respect. Learn about the resources of the DOI CADR program.
- Preparing to Resolve Conflict
- Communication Skills: Listening and Speaking
- DOI CADR CORE Plus Program
- Optional Review: GTC3 Participant Workbook pages 22-45
- DOI CADR website and Ombuds list
- View the CO RE Plus video (17 mins)
- Non-violent communication lists of feelings and needs
Complete by Friday, Aug 7:
- Complete the GTC3 Online Evaluation (link will be sent via email)
- View recordings of any webinars you missed, and complete the Self-Study Form below.
- Report your course completion in DOI Talent.
- Recommended: Complete "Preparing for Challenging Conversations" exercise (Workbook p. 41-42)
Looking for more training?
- DOI CADR Advanced Communications Training course: The training will include a combination of theory and skill-building in a co-learning environment. This is a “level 2” communication training that builds upon and enhances the learning from the “level 1” GTC3. NPS Course dates/times:
- September 15-17 @ 12:30-3:30pm ET
- September 22-24 @ 12:30-3:30pm ET
- Upcoming virtual courses at USFWS NCTC, and link to NCTC website
Assistant Director, Partnership and Community Collaboration Academy
Certified Organizational Ombuds Practitioner
DOI Office of Collaborative Action and Dispute Resolution