Department of Defense
Participants from the Department of Defense joined Managing by Network in 2016.
"The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country."
The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency. Military Branches of the DOD include: U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard and the National Guard. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is a federal agency also administered by the DOD.
The Department’s physical plant is huge by any standard, consisting of more than several hundred thousand individual buildings and structures located at more than 5,000 different locations or sites. When all sites are added together, the Department of Defense utilizes over 30 million acres of land.
DoD’s Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration (REPI) Program supports large landscape partnerships that advance cross-boundary solutions and link military readiness, conservation, and communities with federal and state partners through a common, collaborative framework. Such partnerships include the Southeastern Regional Partnership for Planning and Sustainability (SERPPAS) and the Western Regional Partnership (WRP). REPI also participates in the Sentinel Landscapes Partnership among DoD and the Departments of Agriculture and the Interior.
A wide variety of National Parks, National Historical Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, National Forests and National Monuments once served the nation as military instillations.
The USACE is one of the world's largest public engineering, design, and construction management agencies. Made up of some 37,000 civilian and military, the corps has a mission to "deliver vital public and military engineering services; partnering in peace and war to strengthen our Nation's security, energize the economy and reduce risks from disasters."
Department of Defense
- Jaime Simon, Deputy Program Director, External Affairs and Communication, Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration (REPI) Program, VA (2017)
U. S. Navy
- Janice Fukawa, Community Planning and Liaison Officer, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, HI (2017)
- Patricia Iolavera, Regional Community Planning Liaison Officer, Navy Region Northwest, WA (2017)
- Debra Smith Ormsbee, Program Analyst, Naval Air Warfare Center, Western Regional Partnership, CA (2016)
U. S. Air Force
- Scott Spencer, Community Planner, Installation Strategy and Plans Division, USAF/A4CPI, Installation Planning and Resilience, DC (2017)
U. S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Heather Burke, National Partnership Program Manager, OR (2014)
- Roseana Burick, Natural Resources Specialist, St Louis District, MO (2016)
- Seth Cohen, Social Scientist, Collaboration & Public Participation Center of Excellence, CO (2018)
- Angela Freyermuth, Outreach and Customer Relations Specialist, Rock Island District Collaboration and Public Participation Center of Excellence, IL (2018)