Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA)
Click here to listen to this video as a podcast.
Learn about the use and management of FACA committees and their role in advising federal agencies and/or the President.
Consider if your community collaboration outreach meets FACA criteria and if you are violation or a practitioner of the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
Explore four case study examples of alternatives to FACA management for community engagement.
Discover who to contact in your agency to determine the need for a FACA committee or subcommittee or alternatives to FACA.
1. What are four indications that a FACA committee is required to support your agency's community engagement?
2. Is a Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) a FACA committee? Do you know of other examples of FACA committees?
3. What are three characteristics of a FACA committee?
4. How does the work of a FACA committee build trust and transparency?
5. What are two alternatives to the establishment and management of a FACA committee that might serve the interest of your agency?
6. What are two benefits of establishing and managing a FACA committee?
7. Who might you contact in your agency to determine the need for a FACA committee or alternative strategies?