Managing by Network
2018 Course Notebook
Welcome to Managing by Network!
Course materials posted here will help you dig deeper as you apply your knowledge and skills.
Find the roster of participants, instructor presentations, links to videos, and additional resources here.
Selection notifications were emailed on December 5, 2017.
Alternates will be contacted by phone before January 12, 2018 if an opening becomes available.
Question about your status? Contact us.
Managing by Network starts January 17, 2018. Are you ready?
Do you have a schedule conflict?
If you know you will miss a webinar, please email us: email@example.com.
Here are some ways you can catch up:
• Review session materials posted here: pre-webinar videos, presentations, activities or resources;
• Invite a colleague to sit in for you, and debrief later; and
• Follow up with a peer in the class, or with the instructors, if you have questions or would like to discuss what we covered in class.
Please note that we do not record Managing by Network webinars in order to encourage everyone to speak freely about their work in partnership, without concern about their comments being taken out of context.
MBN Course Objectives
Applying knowledge and skills learned in this course, participants will be able to:
- create or strengthen an internal and external network of individuals and organizations to advance the mission of the agency;
- build trust with external partners using collaborative leadership, partnership leverage, and partner cultural awareness;
- sustain partnership accountability using external awareness and communication skills including collaboration, conflict management, facilitation, persuasion, and negotiation;
- develop, monitor, and evaluate formal partnership agreements and projects that rely on a mix of federal and nonfederal funding, and
- recognize the intent of agency policies and practices related to partner fundraising and donation activities.
Tech Test: January 10 or 11
Hosted by Jane Hanson and Anne Desmarais
New to WebEx or the Academy classroom?
Join us for an optional 30 minute Tech Test before class begins, on Wednesday and Thursday at:
- 11:00 - 11:30am ET
- 2:00 - 2:30pm ET
We'll help you troubleshoot any technical difficulties before the course begins.
On the Horizon:
Session 1: January 17 or 18 - Orientation
Instructors: Liz Madison, Anne Desmarais, and Jane Hanson
- Welcome and Introductions
- Tour of the WebEx Classroom and Virtual Campus
- What is Managing by Network?
- Course Overview