MBN Study Hall 2017
Welcome to Study Hall!
Study Hall work is optional and designed to help you apply what you learn. Choose from any of the following activities:
1. Office hours: chat with an instructor and other classmates, 2-3pm ET Thursdays. Check your email for the webinar link.
- Please RSVP below.
2. Homework: self-assessments and workbook exercises. Assignments listed below.
3. Network: reach out to a classmate or instructor by email, phone, Facebook or in person.
4. Self-study: catch up on what you missed or dive deeper on previous session materials at the Course Notebook.
- Use the form below if you'd like to let us know what you've completed.
5. Do nothing. Study hall work is optional.
Homework: MBN Study Hall 2017
Study Hall 1, week of February 12
A. 21 Partnership Success Factors – Bridge the Gap and Apply the Practices
Take a Hike with 21 Partnership Success Factors and complete a gap assessment to determine how you measure up. Learn how these practices fit into these hiking mantras: Get to Know the Terrain, Equip Yourself, Stay with the Group. Assess your strengths and growing edge related to each theme.
READ: 21 Partnership Success Factors _ Gap Assessment PDF with notes – Review the 21 Success Factors and Gap Assessment Exercise.
EXERCISE: 21 Partnership Success Factors _ Gap Assessment Exercise – Download and complete the 3 worksheets.
DOWNLOAD: 21 Partnership Success Factors by Brian O’Neill PDF – Download for your reference library.
B. Surf the HD.gov web site
EXPLORE: resources, broadcast, tools, methods, blogs.
FEED YOUR MIND: This exercise goes well with a brown bag lunch or afternoon snack.
SHARE: one link to useful information with a colleague or course participant.
C. Accountability and Collaborative Leadership – What Would You Do?
WRITE the end of the story as a short essay.
SHARE bullet points of how you would end the story and takeaways from the assignment in the homework survey.
When you’re finished with the homework, please complete a quick survey to share your take away.
Study Hall 2, week of March 12
Assignments will be posted by March 12.
Study Hall 3, week of April 9
Assignments will be posted by April 9.
Study Hall 4, week of May 7
Assignments will be posted by May 7.
Study Hall 5, week of June 4
Assignments will be posted by June 4.