Managing by Network
2017 Course Notebook
Welcome back MBN alumni!
You can review materials from the 2017 course here.
Congratulations to the
Managing by Network
class of 2017!
Before you go...
Help us improve Managing by Network!
Please complete the MBN course evaluation by Tuesday, July 11. Your responses help us to assess what you learned and shape next year's Managing by Network course.
Did you miss a webinar?
Get caught up on Managing by Network presentations and videos. Presentations will be available until the end of 2017. If you completed Self-Study, check in at the Study Hall page by June 30 to receive credit for your participation.
Certificates of Completion
Participants who attend seven or more webinars are awarded certificates as an official record of 40 hours of training in 22 partnership and community collaboration competencies defined by OPM.
- Participants who present a Case Study are awarded a certificate with honors.
- Participants who attend 15 or more webinars are awarded a certificate with honors.
- Participants who attend 7 or more webinars and record self-study for up to 15 sessions (by June 30) are awarded a certificate with honors.
- Certificates will be e-mailed by July 21, after course evaluations have been completed.
Stay in the Network
Course Notebook Materials listed with this arrow icon are recommended for self-study when you miss a webinar.
MBN 2017 Course Materials Archive
Presentations: Managing by Network - How to Join a Webinar.pdf Additional Resources: Download the WebEx Mobile app (for tablets and mobile devices) Academy Classroom Hosts: Anne Desmarais Jane Hanson Presentations: Tech Test Presentation.pdf Additional...
Presentations: Rules of Engagement.pdf Virtual Campus Tour.pdf MBN - How to Join a Webinar.pdf Managing by Network_discussion.pdf Managing by Network snapshot.pdf Video Assignments: What is Managing by Network? Instructors: Liz Madison Anne Desmarais Jane...
Guest Speakers: Agency Perspectives on Partnership and Community Collaboration Alpha Group: Steve Guertin, Deputy Director for Policy, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service USFWS Partnership Overview.pdf Beta Group: Trevor Needham, National Partnerships Program Lead, Division of Education,...
Presentations: Think Like a Social Scientist – Christine Browne-Nunez.pdf Collaborative Leadership Strategies.pdf Video Assignments: Three Elements of Collaborative Leadership with Liz Madison , 4 mins Additional Resources: Tools of Engagement A Toolkit for Engaging People in...
Presentations: The Iceberg Concept of Culture.pdf America's Great Outdoors Initiative.pdf Assess Your Partner Cultural Awareness.pdf Malheur Refuge Occupation Ends Peacefully_Dan Ashe Director USFWS.pdf Active Listening.pdf Leveraging Partnerships Discussion.pdf Video...
Presentations: Edwards Aquifer Recovery Implementarion Program _ A Community Based Solution.pdf Partnership Life Cycle Discussion.pdf Succession Planning Practices.pdf BLM Partnership Succession Plan.pdf Forest Service Handover Memo.pdf Video Assignments: The Edwards Aquifer...
Presentations: Case Study Program 2017.pdf Partnership Assessment.pdf Peer to Peer Presentations: ALPHA: John Titre, USFS, District Staff Officer, Wilderness, Trails, Recreation, Lands & Special Uses, Coronado National Forest, AZ, Class of 2015. "Sensing: A Tool for...
Presentations: TLC Formation Managing Public Lands for Impact and Sustainability_TLC Case Study Community Collaboration Tools and Concepts.pdf Video assignments: Measuring the Health of Mount Tam, 5 mins Collaboration Toolbox with Joy Lujan Stakeholder Analysis (5...
Presentations: Laws Guiding Community Engagement FACA.pdf FACA Decision Tree.pdf ChalondaJasper_USFS_Planning Specialist Ecosystem Management Coordination_FACA Meeting Management.pdf RachelLondon_USFWS_Fish and Wildlife Biologist_Ecological Services_Adventures in FACA_How USFWS Developed Its...
Presentations: Making Meetings Work.pdf Facilitation in Action.pdf Video Instruction: Making Meetings Work (CC) with Liz Madison, 11 mins Deeper Dive: A Facilitator's Best Practices with Anne Desmarais, 18 mins Additional...
Managing by Network FAQ
What are the Managing by Network learning objectives?Applying knowledge and skills learned in this course, participants will be able to:
- create or strengthen an internal and external network of individuals and organizations to advance the mission of the agency;
- build trust with external partners using collaborative leadership, partnership leverage and partner cultural awareness;
- sustain partnership accountability using external awareness and communication skills including collaboration, conflict management, facilitation, persuasion and negotiation;
- develop, monitor and evaluate formal partnership agreements and projects that rely on a mix of federal and nonfederal funding, and
- identify and apply agency policies and practices related to partner fundraising and donation activities.
What if I have a schedule conflict?
If you know you will miss a webinar, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some ways you can catch up:
- Review session materials posted here: pre-webinar videos, presentations, activities or resources.
- Invite a colleague to sit in for you, and debrief later.
- Follow up with a peer in the class.
- Follow up with the instructors if you have questions or would like to discuss what we covered in class.
Please note that we do not record Managing by Network webinars in order to encourage everyone to speak freely about their work in partnership, without concern about their comments being taken out of context.
Are you new to the WebEx classroom?
The classroom will be open 20 minutes before the start of class. Plan to call the conference line, and then log in to the webinar, using the links sent to you via email
Please log in to the webinar 10 minutes early to troubleshoot any technical difficulties.
Some participants may encounter a local firewall. If this happens, you will need to contact your IT help desk to get permission to download the WebEx software. As an immediate workaround, you can click on the link to "run a temporary application" at WebEx to gain access to the webinar.
as of 6/22/2017